This website is maintained by The Potts Point Partnership Inc . This Privacy Statement applies to all information on www.pottspointpartnership.com.au
The Potts Point Partnership Inc does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to the Site.
If you have any questions about the Site or the application of this Privacy Statement or a request for access to information held, please contact:
Potts Point Partnership – Chair
11 Roslyn St, Potts Point NSW 1335
Users of the Site are entitled to expect that any information gathered while using the Site will be treated within the terms of the The Potts Point Partnership Inc ’s privacy responsibilities and obligations. The The Potts Point Partnership Inc ’s privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) (PPIPA).
This Privacy Statement sets out how The Potts Point Partnership Inc collects, uses, discloses and stores information collected through your use of the Site, which may include personal information. The Potts Point Partnership Inc will only collect, use and disclose this information in accordance with PPIPA, HRIPA and any other applicable laws.
What information do we collect?
When you access the pages on our Site our computers automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device being used, which can sometimes be matched to broad geographic data.
- The pages accessed, documents downloaded and transactions completed, such as, entry into the competition.
- The date and time of your visit
- The last site and page visited immediately prior to arriving at the Site, including any search terms used at internet search engines
- The address, hostname and top-level domain, for example .com or .au, of your server
- The type of browser and operating system used on the device
- The bandwidth, that is, your internet connection speed
- The number of screen colours displayed on the device
- The time spent on each page of the Site
- Only some of this information may be considered personal information
How we collect this information
We collect the information on our Site by using ‘cookies’ which are small pieces of text data that a web server can store on, and later retrieve from, a computer. They do not personally identify you, but do identify your browser. Cookies can be either ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing website. Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you shut down your browser.
We use first and second party persistent cookies (i.e. issued and retrieved by the www.pottspointpartnership.com.au systems or its service providers) to collect information about visitor behaviour and general website statistics. We may also use services, for example, Facebook Pixel and Cadreon, which may place cookies on your browser to provide relevant advertisements and information from us to your browser or app.
The cookies on the Site do not read the information on your hard drive. The Potts Point Partnership Inc makes no attempt to associate cookies with users’ names or identities. Our server cannot find out your name or email address from the cookies used on the site.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. Disabling cookies will not affect your ability to use our websites.
If you would like to enable/disable cookies in your browser, you can do this in:
- Google Chrome > Settings > Show advanced settings > Privacy > Content settings
- Mozilla Firefox > Options > Privacy > History (Use custom settings for history)
- Safari > Edit > Preferences > Privacy
- Internet Explore > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
Analytics services: We also use analytics services (for example, Google Analytics and Facebook pixel) to help us analyse and provide reporting on how users use the Site.
How we use information collected
The information collected on our Site may be used to allow us to provide a faster and richer interaction when you return to the Site in the future.
In addition, the information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports so The Potts Point Partnership Inc can identify patterns of usage of the Site. This will assist us in improving the Site and the services offered on it.
Finally, your information may be used to maintain and protect the security of the Site.
How we disclose information
The information provided will be disclosed to service providers for them to help us analyse how users use the Site. This information does not identify individual users.
The Potts Point Partnership Inc captures this information on its own computers and those of its service providers. Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of officers in The Potts Point Partnership Inc and its service providers for the purpose of website analysis and to report on the success of The Potts Point Partnership Inc in meeting its communication and access objectives. The Potts Point Partnership Inc will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without your consent or otherwise in accordance with the PPIPA (for example, disclosure may be required by law).
Other uses and disclosures
The Potts Point Partnership Inc may use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in certain circumstances, including:
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published https://pottspointpartnership.com.au/ pages
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the Site
- Unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the Site by other websites
- Attempts to intercept messages of other users of the Site
- Communications that are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed, and
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the Site by other users.
The Potts Point Partnership Inc reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the Site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed. In the event of an investigation, The Potts Point Partnership Inc will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may execute a warrant to inspect our logs.
Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by The Potts Point Partnership Inc for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
Access to data
If you wish to:
- ask questions about this Privacy Statement ;
- obtain access to or seek correction of your personal information; or
- make a complaint in relation to your privacy, please contact the Information and Privacy Unit (as per the details provided at the start of this Privacy Statement).
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this Privacy statement may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended Privacy Statement will be posted to the Site and will operate from the time it is posted.
Refunds and Security
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or don’t perform as advertised.
When purchasing from The Potts Point Partnership Inc Inc card details are transmitted through a secure server using Westpac Banking & eWay. Card data is not hosted by The Potts Point Partnership Inc Inc after processing.